After being diagnosed with sleep apnea, you need to start your treatment. That probably means getting a CPAP machine to help you sleep at night. But did you know that you need more than just the CPAP machine to treat your sleep apnea? You also need accessories that can offer convenience, comfort, and safety in your new and improved sleeping situation. So what supplies and accessories do you actually need for your CPAP machine? Here are some items to consider:
- Cleaning supplies: You need to clean your CPAP machine, but you don’t necessarily need fancy cleaning supplies. Hand wash your parts with distilled water and non-allergenic soap, dust them using non-alcoholic wipes, and wipe them dry with clean towels.
- Backup power supply: It is inevitable – the power can go out while you are sleeping, and that can affect your CPAP machine. A backup power supply can ensure that your machine keeps running even in the event of a power outage.
- Portable battery pack: Going camping? Staying overnight at a friend’s house? Get a portable battery pack so that you can still have a great sleep even when you are not at home.
- Mask liners and cushions: If you like a little extra comfort with your CPAP, you can get gel-filled cushions and extra mask liners to provide extra more softness and comfort while you sleep.
- CPAP pillow: Your CPAP machine – it can take a little getting used to. Pillows specially designed for CPAP users helps ensure that you can get a comfortable sleep even while wearing your necessary equipment.
- Heated humidifier: Heating and air conditioning can bring dry conditions to your home. A heated humidifier will make sure that your nasal passages and airways remain warm and moist no matter what.
- Software: Yes! You can even get CPAP software. It monitors your sleeping, and based on your data, offers suggestions to help you get an even better sleep.
These are just a few of the accessories you can get to enjoy your CPAP machine even more. Ask your vendor about what items they have in stock, and snuggle down for deep and wonderful sleeps every night.