Living with sleep apnea is not the easiest thing to do. Travelling with a CPAP machine can seem overwhelming – but it doesn’t have to be. With some planning and preparation, you can travel locally or abroad, in luxury suites or in the great outdoors without problem. Here are some travel tips to get you on your way:
- Because luggage can get lost, be sure to take your CPAP machine in your carry on if travelling by plane. It’s also a good idea to take your current prescription for verification of what the device is used for.
- Check with your airline’s policy about bringing your CPAP machine on board and using it. Your model needs to meet the airline’s requirements.
- When packing your CPAP machine, don’t forget to empty the humidifier chamber of its water.
- Bring extra mask cushions in case some get lost or damaged.
- If you need to fill up your CPAP machine, never use plain tap water – always use bottled or distilled water.
- For international travel, bring the correct voltage adapter for the location where you will be staying so that you can use your CPAP machine wherever you are.
- What goes well together? Camping and your CPAP machine! If you still want to sleep under the stars, consider getting a lightweight and portable model.
- Regardless of where you are travelling, buying or renting a backup battery pack can help protect power outages or if you will be travelling in areas with intermittent power availability.
Newly diagnosed with OSA and need CPAP? Shop CPAP, CPAP Masks, and Accessories Now!